[Wrf-users] Running WRF

M Mortezapour mortezapour88 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:56:43 MDT 2015

Hello,

I've just started using WRF and I am following online tutorial to run a
real case, but when I run real program with this command
mpirun -np 1 ./real.exe

 then I am getting this error:

 starting wrf task            0  of            1

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   EXIT CODE: 1
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES

and rsl.error.0000 file show that:

taskid: 0 hostname: rocks.unbc.ca
 Ntasks in X            1 , ntasks in Y            1
--- WARNING: traj_opt is zero, but num_traj is not zero; setting num_traj
to zero.
--- NOTE: sst_update is 0, setting io_form_auxinput4 = 0 and
auxinput4_interval = 0 for all domains
--- NOTE: grid_fdda is 0 for domain      1, setting gfdda interval and
ending time to 0 for that domain.
--- NOTE: both grid_sfdda and pxlsm_soil_nudge are 0 for domain      1,
setting sgfdda interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
--- NOTE: obs_nudge_opt is 0 for domain      1, setting obs nudging
interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
--- NOTE: bl_pbl_physics /= 4, implies mfshconv must be 0, resetting
--- NOTE: RRTMG radiation is not used, setting:  o3input=0 to avoid data
pre-processing
--- NOTE: num_soil_layers has been set to      4
REAL_EM V3.7 PREPROCESSOR
 *************************************
 Parent domain
 ids,ide,jds,jde            1          74           1          61
 ims,ime,jms,jme       -4          79          -4          66
 ips,ipe,jps,jpe            1          74           1          61
 *************************************
DYNAMICS OPTION: Eulerian Mass Coordinate
   alloc_space_field: domain            1 ,             140938660  bytes
allocated
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:     406
error opening met_em.d01.2015-09-27_00:00:00.nc for input; bad date in
namelist or file not in directory
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

I have this nc file. Also, I changed some parts of input namelist (like
start date, resolution, ...) to find a solution, but still I'm getting the
same error.
I would be thankful if someone help me .