[Wrf-users] VARS_missing

Md Hosen md.hosen at live.vu.edu.au
Sat Sep 12 06:37:21 MDT 2015

Dear WRF users,

Good day!

Could you please give any suggestion for the following issues:

(1) I want to extract the values for "Mean Global Irradiance (w/ sq m)" and "Mean Direct Irradiance (w/ sq m)" from WRF model output. Could you please suggest which variables name I have to select (from .ctl file) for this case.

(2)  when I use MP option WSDM5, it is giving the results for almost 129 variables and I am getting my required variables results. But when I have used MP option 8 (Thompson et al scheme) with same configuration, I am not getting any result for Relative humidity (rh2) and Wind speed (ws10) variable. Even these two VARS name are not listed into .ctl file. When I checked GRIB and METGRID (met_em.d03..) files, I saw that the variables 'relative humidity and Wind speed' were existed into that files. Could you tell me please is there any restriction to use MP option 8. Can't MP option 8 (Thompson et al.) simulate the rh2 and ws10 variables?

Please find namelist.input and .ctl files for detail information.

Ardently looking forward to your reply with guidance.

Kind regards,
Hossain