[Wrf-users] properly removing topography from a restart simulation?

Surya Ramaswamy Surya.Ramaswamy at erm.com
Wed Jul 29 11:40:23 MDT 2015

Hi Marc - I'm not sure how you changed the topography variables. Last time, when I need to change the topo variables including surface characteristics and elevation under /geo_data/geog/, I used the java utility from http://www.wrfems.info/dmbrown1/

This is a great tool and seems to work fine for me. You can also easily validate the resulting topo. If you decide to try this route, I'm interested to see if there is any difference in the geo*.nc file created using this tool and yours.

Good Luck

Surya