[Wrf-users] WPS3.7 led to "ZDC + Z0C + 2m is larger than the 1st WRF level Stop"

xiaoming Hu yuanfangcan at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 13 10:04:11 MDT 2015

Hello

 After I switched from 3.6.1 to 3.7 (everything else is the same), the wrf.exe would not run.
  I found "ZDC + Z0C + 2m is larger than the 1st WRF level Stop in subroutine urban - change ZDC and Z0C" in the rsl files.

   But if I use the wrfinput generated by WPS3.6.1, WRF3.7 run fine, which means WPS makes the difference.

I checked the fields in wrfinput generated by WPS3.6.1 and WPS3.7.
P is different in some coastal and mountain areas, which may lead to different 1 level height.

Could anybody explain the details?

I don't want to change my vertical resolution.   Can I use WSP3.6.1 outputs to drive my WRF3.7 run without any bad side effects?      Or there is any other better solution?

Thanks a lot!

Xiaoming