[Wrf-users] real.exe & wrf.exe_problem

Md Hosen md.hosen at live.vu.edu.au
Sat May 23 03:04:02 MDT 2015

Dear users,

I am trying to run WRF model for 72 hrs simulation with mpirun on a single node with 25 processors (26GB RAM). My inner most domain size is almost 230km* 230Km (where, dx=5000m). When I am trying run real.exe, it shows the following error message:

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   PID 28187 RUNNING AT NODE-01
=   EXIT CODE: 1
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP   MESSAGES

And, when I am trying to run wrf.exe, it shows the following error message:

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   PID 28362 RUNNING AT NODE-01
=   EXIT CODE: 9
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
YOUR APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Killed (signal 9)
This typically refers to a problem with your application.
Please see the FAQ page for debugging suggestions

Could any one give any suggestion to solve the problems. Is it occurring because of 'out of capacity' of the computer processors? or other?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Hossain