[Wrf-users] Nested WRF ideal - Tropical Cyclone Case

Nikhil Garg nikhilgarg.gju at gmail.com
Thu May 14 23:43:37 MDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to make the em_tropical_cyclone case in WRF V 3.4.1 run in
nested configuration. I have finally managed to configure the namelist
option so as to make wrf.exe start, but when the run exists with a
segmentation fault every time. I am currently running WRF model with
OpenMP, 4 cores and compiled with GCC, Gfortran.

calling inc/HALO_EM_PHYS_PBL_inline.inc

calling inc/HALO_EM_PHYS_DIFFUSION_inline.inc

calling inc/HALO_EM_TKE_5_inline.inc

  call update_phy_ten

  call update_phy_ten

  call update_phy_ten

  call update_phy_ten

  call horizontal_diffusion_2

  call horizontal_diffusion_2

  call horizontal_diffusion_2

  call horizontal_diffusion_2

  call rk_tendency

  call rk_tendency

  call rk_tendency

  call rk_tendency

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
reference.

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
reference.

Backtrace for this error:

Backtrace for this error:

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
reference.

Backtrace for this error:

Just for testing, I have tried em_b_wave in nested configuration on my same
OpenMP and it runs just fine.

I have attached both the namelist and the run log file for nested
em_tropical_cyclone case. I have already set ulimit etc so I don’t think it
is memory problem. I would really appreciate if you can help me with this.

Kind Regards,

Nikhil