[Wrf-users] GRIB1 FNL data for WRF no longer available???

Rama Krishna k.b.rama7 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 21:15:54 MST 2015

Dear Tabish Ansari,

You have to enable Grib 2 option if you want to use Ncep FNL data.  Don't
worry for enabling grib2 option required only 3 libraries
i.e, Jasper , Libpng ,Zlib ,
These libraries installation is very easy just you untar the files and
./configure after ./compile
give the paths in your .bashrc
it will work

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Tabish Ansari <tabishumaransari at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I had been using GRIB1 FNL data from NCEP for my WRF runs. I mostly do
> simulations for the period of 2012-2013. Earlier, GRIB1 datasets were
> available till 2014, however now I notice that they are only available till
> 2007, and after that only GRIB2 datasets are available.
>
> Since I have configured my WRF with "---no GRIB2--" option, I am afraid I
> won't be able to use the GRIB2 data. Also, I do not have the required
> libraries to support GRIB2 (I remember there were many libraries essential
> to read GRIB2 data which I had avoided while WRF compilation).
>
> Please suggest some solution. I need to run 2012 and 2013 cases with WRF.
> Is there any other way than to recompile WRF?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tabish U Ansari
> MS Research Scholar
> Environmental & Water Resources Engineering Division
> Department of Civil Engineering
> IIT Madras

 *K Rama krishna*
*. *