[Wrf-users] error while compiling UPPV2.1

Dmitry N. Mikushin maemarcus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 09:37:26 MST 2014

Dear Malleswararao Maguluri,

Here's an error from your compile log:

/lib/cpp -C -P -D COMMCODE -DLINUX -DUPPLITTLEENDIAN splat.F > splat.f
gfortran -fconvert=big-endian -fno-second-underscore -frecord-marker=4
-DCOMMCODE -DLINUX -DUPPLITTLEENDIAN  -fno-range-check -O3 -c
-I/home/mallesh/Downloads/UPPV2.1/include splat.f
splat.f:1.1:

/* Copyright (C) 1991-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 1

This line is a C-style comment, and Fortran compiler does not parse it by
default. The /lib/cpp line invokes preprocessor, however, it has been
instructed to preserve comments (-C flag). The solution would be either to
remove -C flag from preprocessor command line, or to add -cpp flag to
gfortran command line.

Similar problem has been reported here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25801396/gfortran-doesnt-understand-c-style-comments

Best regards,