[Wrf-users] WPS Compilation Errors

Pettee, Warren wpettee at uncc.edu
Mon Jun 16 13:40:35 MDT 2014

Sorry, I have one more compilation error question. I cannot seem to generate metgrid.exe or geogrid.exe. ungrib appears to compile.

I am building WPSV3.6 on a Ubuntu x64, Intel quad core computer.

I have located my netcdf c and fortran libraries in '/usr/local/lib' and '/usr/local/include', and before configuring set NETCDF=/usr/local. They are the latest version from Unidata. (4.3.2 C-Library, 4.2 Fortran) JASPERLIB=/usr/local/lib, JASPERINC=/usr/local/include zlib, libpng, and hdf5 are all installed (/usr/local tree)

I have attached my compile.log and configure.wps files.

There are many undefined references like this:

wrf_io.f:(.text+0x11b83): undefined reference to `GOMP_parallel_end'

and then the following:

make[1]: [geogrid.exe] Error 1 (ignored)

Thanks for any help,

Warren Pettee
Undergraduate - Meteorology
Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223
wpettee at uncc.edu