[Wrf-users] Transforming eta levels to p levels

孙佳 sunjiaouc at sina.com
Wed May 21 19:21:28 MDT 2014

Dear all,

I was doing the wrfout data analysis in MATLAB. Data in "wrfout_*" files are constructed in eta levels, and this is not convinient for atmosphere analysis.

with the following formula,  I get eta values but different from those in namelist files.
                        eta = (P0-P_TOP)/(PSFC-P_TOP)    where P0=P+PB, and P PB PSFC P_TOP are all variables in wrfout_d* files

So, I am not sure that it is right if I use P0 = P+PB to do the p_level interpretion.

Can you give me some advise? I will be very appreciate about it!

Thank you all!

2014-05-22

谨祝顺祺!
WITH BEST WISHES!

JIA, SUN
TEL: (+86)15077857866
E-MAIL: SUNJIAOUC at SINA.COM
PHYSICAL OCEANOGRAPHY LAB, HOHAI UNIVERSITY
1 XIKANG, GULOU, NANJING, JIANGSU PROVINCE, CHINA, 210098
SOA, THE SECOND INSTITUDE OF OCEANOGRAPHY
36 BAOCHU, XIHU, HANGZHOU, ZHEJIANG PROVINCE, CHINA, 310012