[Wrf-users] WRF V 3.4.1 Blowing up for a 3 nested run

Dominikus Heinzeller climbfuji at ymail.com
Wed May 21 01:45:19 MDT 2014

Hi Saimy,

How many parallel threads are you using to run the model? I have seen before that WRF stops at this point when the number of threads was too large for the given domain sizes.

Also, looking at your namelist I see that you have turned on feedback but that your grid ratio is even between d01 and d02. This is not recommended (see WRF namelist documentation: Two-Way Nested Runs). Further you are changing many of your parameterizations between d02 and d03, which you shouldn’t as far as I know (except for cu_physics, of course). And lastly, your radiation time step (30s) is much larger than the recommended setting (again, see WRF namelist documentation).

You can also increase the debug level to get more information on where WRF is stopping.

Regards

Dom