[Wrf-users] Error in reading namelist.input

Leonid Gonchukov gonchukovlv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 22:37:04 MDT 2014

Hi!
First of all you should change
parent_id                           = 0,     1,     2
in &domain section by
parent_id                           = 1,     1,     2

also you should change dx and dy values for the 2nd domain. In your case it
should be 10000

dx                                  = 30000, 10000,  3333.33,
dy                                  = 30000, 10000,  3333.33,

I believe that it will be useful.
Best regards

> Dear Sir,
> I am trying to run Hurricane Katrina - 2 Domain run (2-way ; 2 input
> files) USING ONLY STATIC DATA FOR DOMAIN 2. *(I have successfully run
> using all the meteorological and static data from nested domains as input).
> But *I get this error while running ./real.exe for "USING ONLY STATIC
> DATA FOR DOMAIN 2" and also for *"One-way nesting using ndown". Attached
> my "namelist.input" file *"STATIC DATA FOR DOMAIN 2". I am trying for two
> days but still could not fix the problem. I would appreciate if you help me
> in this regards.  Namelist logging not found in namelist.input. Using
> registry defaults for variables in logging.
>  Namelist logging not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
> variables in logging.
>  Namelist dfi_control not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults
> for variables in dfi_control
>    ------ ERROR while reading namelist domains ------
>  Namelist tc not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
> variables in tc
>  Namelist noah_mp not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
> variables in noah_mp
>  Namelist scm not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
> variables in scm
>  Namelist fire not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
> variables in fire
>  Namelist diags not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
> variables in diags

>  FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:    9620
>  ERRORS while reading one or more namelists from namelist.input.

Leonid Gonchukov