[Wrf-users] ncview issues

David Smith dsmith at uvi.edu
Mon Mar 31 11:24:31 MDT 2014

Hi,

  I have successfully completed a nested run using our newly installed wrf 3.4.    I have installed ncview 1.93g, and it opens the sample nP.nc file just fine.    But when I try to plot my wrfout files, I get a long string of errors stating it has a problem finding – well, essentially everything.  At the end it does open the ncview window, but clearly none of the variables were interpreted.  Can 1.93g read the wrf3.4 wrfout files?    I tried version 2.1.2 of ncview, but it won't compile because it says netcdf was not installed with --enable-netcdf-4 flag.  I am reluctant to reinstall netcdf, but will do so if this is version issue.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Dave

(Location B) Error, did not correctly match mapped dims specified in the coordinates attribute to dims in the variable
(Location B) Please send email to dpierce at ucsd.edu letting me know what your coordinates attribute looks like so I can fix this problem.
Problem encountered on variable "LU_INDEX"
which has coordinates attribute "XLONG XLAT"
Abandoning coordinate mapping for this variable
(Location B) Error, did not correctly match mapped dims specified in the coordinates attribute to dims in the variable
(Location B) Please send email to dpierce at ucsd.edu letting me know what your coordinates attribute looks like so I can fix this problem.
Problem encountered on variable "VAR_SSO"
which has coordinates attribute "XLONG XLAT"
Abandoning coordinate mapping for this variable

 … many pages of this.

Dr. David J Smith
College of Science and Mathematics
University of the Virgin Islands