[Wrf-users] WRF restart runs sporadically hanging up

Don Morton Don.Morton at alaska.edu
Mon Feb 3 10:53:57 MST 2014

I can concur that in the distant past, I had similar issues which were
tracked down to the MPI stack.  Seems like Open MPI was more stable at the
time.  These things typically happened during a scatter/gather type of
operation, like the reading of a restart file, or an lbc file, or even just
an output, where Task 0 is doing some heavy communication with all the
other tasks.

Voice:  +1 907 450 8679
Arctic Region Supercomputing Center
http://weather.arsc.edu/