[Wrf-users] Error: "chmod: cannot access `/tmp/fire_filelist': No such file or directory" when running prep_chem_sources

Yaasiin Oozeer yaasiinoozeer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 01:55:39 MST 2013

Dear All,

I have been trying to run Prep_Chem_sources for a 2013 South East Asian
case. I have included the MODIS fire and WFABBA data for the domain and
date that I am investigating.

The first anomaly I found from the log file is that it says: "*No WF_ABBA
fire data found in data file*" which should not be the case since I checked
the individual *.filt* files and they contain fire spots corresponding to
my domain and the date of investigation. Has anyone come across this before?

The main error though comes afterwards and it regards *fire_firelist*. Part
of my log file is listed below:

"=> No WF_ABBA fire data found in data file
 => No WF_ABBA fire data found in data file
 => No WF_ABBA fire data found in data file
 => No WF_ABBA fire data found in data file
 => number of accumulated WF_ABBA fires=         -56
  Filtra WF_ABBA e elimina focos identicos
 Numero final de focos WFABBA       =           0
 area total queimada com WFABBA (ha)=   0.0000000      em km^2:
0.0000000
 usando   0.0000000      ha para focos com valores nao definidos
 *20130623*

  Checking directory - *20130623*
build
prep_chem2005.log
prep_chem2013.log
prep_chem.log
prep_chem_sources (2005).inp
prep_chem_sources.inp
prep_chem_sources.inp~
prep_chem_sources.inp_good
prep_chem_sources.inp_orig
prep_chem_sources.inp_rrch
prep_chem_sources_RADM_WRF_FIM.exe
chmod: cannot access `/tmp/fire_filelist': No such file or directory
 fire_filelist: Error opening /tmp/fire_filelist
STOP fire_filelist-/tmp file error : run again"

I have searched everywhere but I still have no clue about what the
fire_filelist is.
I would be really grateful if someone could help me figure out a solution
this problem.

Thank you,

Yaasiin Oozeer,
PhD student,