[Wrf-users] Graupelnc and sr clrification

Geeta Geeta geeta124 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 16 03:57:35 MST 2013

Hi.
I am trying to understand the sensitivity of the micro physics schemes in WRF. For this I have taken up a few cases of hailstorms in my region.
I have used micro phy 10 [morrison).
I am getting the qgraupel(QGRAUP and QNGRAUP) variable at a few levels. But when I plot GRAUPELNC/ I always get constant field 0. this is the case for a few other microphy schemes as well.
I want to know what this variable represents. Also ARWpost also gives me SR (fraction of frozen precipitation). My questions are
How are these two variables different.
Secondly, how these two are generated.

Clarification into these would be of a great help.
Geeta