[Wrf-users] WRF Compilation for Forecasting

Núria Castell Nuria.Castell at nilu.no
Fri Oct 25 01:40:12 MDT 2013

Dear all,

I would like to run WRF for forecasting purposes, and for that I need to speed up the model as much as possible. I am using GNU Fortran compiler (gfortran and gcc) with the options by default (see the configure.wrf attached), and when compiling I am using the option: Linux i486 i586 i686, gfortran compiler with gcc (smpar) as I need to use the shared option memory (OpenMP).

Does anyone has experience with speeding up the running time using other compiler options? Do you know if using PGI compiler instead of GNU will be more efficient regarding computing time?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,

Nuria

Dr. Nuria Castell

Forsker

Senior Scientist
By og industri / Urban Environment and Industry

________________________________

[http://husavisen.nilu.no/Portals/31/Images/Logoer/NILU_logo_050.jpg]

NILU - Norsk institutt for luftforskning

Tel.:

( 47) 63 89 82 54

Norwegian Institute for Air Research

Fax:

( 47) 63 89 80 50

PO Box 100, 2027 KJELLER

Mob.:

( 47) 925 23 352

Besøk/visit: Instituttveien 18, 2007 Kjeller

E-mail:

ncb at nilu.no

www.nilu.no<http://husavisen.nilu.no/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/Fck/fckeditor/editor/www.nilu.no>

P Please consider the environment before printing this email and attachments