[Wrf-users] frames_per_auxhist, is there a limit of 10000 ???

Kevin Matthew Nuss wrf at nusculus.com
Sun Sep 22 16:07:05 MDT 2013

H Elena,

Hope the delay does not make this useless, but I found the following code
in wrf_io.F90:

module wrf_data

  integer                , parameter      :: FATAL            = 1
  integer                , parameter      :: WARN             = 1
  integer                , parameter      :: WrfDataHandleMax = 99
  integer                , parameter      :: MaxDims          = 2000 ! =
NF_MAX_VARS
  integer                , parameter      :: MaxVars          = 3000
*  integer                , parameter      :: MaxTimes         = 10000*
  integer                , parameter      :: DateStrLen       = 19
  integer                , parameter      :: VarNameLen       = 31
  integer                , parameter      :: NO_DIM           = 0
  integer                , parameter      :: NVarDims         = 4
  integer                , parameter      :: NMDVarDims       = 2
  character (8)          , parameter      :: NO_NAME          = 'NULL'
  character (DateStrLen) , parameter      :: ZeroDate =
'0000-00-00-00:00:00'

I think that confirms what you found the hard way. And perhaps you can
change this and get what you want ( but only another trial would prove
that).
Kevin