[Wrf-users] One-way nesting using ndown.exe with sst_update=1

Roman Finkelnburg roman at finkelnburg.com
Sat Aug 31 06:15:56 MDT 2013

Hi all,

I have to do a further downscaling (one-way nesting using ndown.exe) for
a region of interest within an already computed wrf domain. I followed
the tutorial
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/CASES/NestRuns/ndown.htm
doing this. However, since my original setup employs sst_update = 1
wrflowinp files are created by real.exe. I could not find any
description how to handle the wrflowinp files with ndown.exe. The
tutorial above just explains how to handle the wrfbdy and wrfinput files
with ndown. Does anybody has experience with sst_update and ndown or
coudl give me a hint/furhter infos on this?

Many thanks,
Roman