[Wrf-users] met_em file problem

David Smith dsmith at uvi.edu
Mon Aug 26 10:56:54 MDT 2013

Hi,

  I have a peculiar problem.  I have run all the WPS programs without any apparent errors and have met_em files for forecast hours 00 to 15 for my three domains.  Real.exe fails when it reaches the second file for the parent domain (met_em.d01.2013-08-17_03:00:00.nc).  The problem is that it has different number for num_metgrid_levels.  It has 25, while all other files have 27 – which I have set in the namelist.input.  (It also has 0 for NUM_METGRID_SOIL_LEVELS, instead of 4 like all the others.)    I also noticed that it is a slightly smaller file, about 1.9 M, while all others are about 2.2 M.

It was created by metgrid.exe at the same time as all the other files.   Could it be the result of a corrupted gfs file, which I downloaded from ncep at the same time as the others.   Any ideas how this could happen or how to fix it?  Thanks!

Dave

Dr. David J Smith
College of Science and Mathematics
University of the Virgin Islands