[Wrf-users] about "RAINC" and "RAINNC"

wen wenguanhuan at 163.com
Tue Aug 13 01:41:06 MDT 2013

Hi all,

  I found there were two type of precipitation in wrf-output, which are "RAINC " and "RAINNC".  I have some questions about these precipitations. I hope you can help. Thank you!

1) The description of   "RAINC" is "ACCUMULATED TOTAL CUMULUS PRECIPITATION". Does it mean that "RAINC" is from cumulus parameterization? If so, how the cumulsus scheme calculate the precipitation? Is there any detailed description about the calculation? What is the major factor influencing the "RAINC".

2)  The description of   "RAINNC" is "ACCUMULATED TOTAL GRID SCALE PRECIPITATION". I do not know really what does it mean.  How is "RAINNC"  calculated? What is the major factor influencing the "RAINNC"?

3) What is most difference between these two type of precipitation? What are differences between the major factors influence these two type of precipitation?

--

Best regards,
Guanhuan Wen