[Wrf-users] NGRIDS parameter in prepchem.inp ?

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 00:03:22 MDT 2013

Hello

I am using edgar 2005 emissions to simulate CO over my (single) domain with
154,113 gridpoints with 10km resolution.
NGRIDS   = 1
NNXP     = 154
NNYP     = 113
DELTAX   = 10000
DELTAY   = 10000

In the wrfout file, I am getting the same concentration of CO all over my
domain at 00hrs (which cannot be true), then the concentration is changing
as time progresses. I have a basic doubt whether NGRIDS stands for no. of
grids or no. of domains?

I believe it is no. of domains so I have put it equal to 1.

The comment says no. of grids. Well, in that case, should I put NGRIDS=
(153*112=17136)?