[Wrf-users] error in running wrf.exe (cannot read wrfchemi_d01)

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 06:33:03 MDT 2013

Hi

I am running wrf/chem for April 2005. I have created the wrfchemi_d01 file
successfully. Now I am trying to run wrf.exe and getting the following
error:

 WARNING: dust option 1 currently works only with the GOCART aerosol option.
Timing for Writing wrfout_d01_2005-04-01_00:00:00 for domain        1:
 4.28782 elapsed seconds
  mediation_integrate: med_read_wrf_chem_emissions: Open file
wrfchemi_00z_d01
 -------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
 FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  mediation_integrate.b  LINE:    2180
  med_read_wrf_chem_emissions: error opening wrfchemi_00z_d01
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

I know that it is looking for a different filename but how to fix it?

Also I am confused with the procedure to run real.exe, wrf.exe, convert_exe
etc and when to run with chemistry off and when on?

Thanks & Regards
Tabish Umar Ansari
MS Scholar | Second year
EWRE | Civil Engineering