[Wrf-users] how to go on the ndown run ?

Jie Tang totangjie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 03:12:55 MDT 2013

hi wrf -users and wrf help
  I just wang to go on a wrf numerical test by ndown.exe within  WRFV3.4 in
MPI

After under the guide of ndown section of WRF doc, I renamed

the wrfinput_d02 and wrfbdy_d02 to be ~_d01  and modify the namelist.input
to fit the new fine scale single domain run by column 2 to colimn 1,

When I submit the test, the rsl.out.0000 showed that it will stopped

at the moment just before running and I can get the wrfout file of inital
time  .

Here is is tail information of rsl.out.0000:
 INITIALIZE THREE Noah LSM RELATED TABLES
  LANDUSE TYPE = USGS FOUND           27  CATEGORIES
  INPUT SOIL TEXTURE CLASSIFICATION = STAS
  SOIL TEXTURE CLASSIFICATION = STAS FOUND           19  CATEGORIES
Timing for Writing wrfout_d01_2012-08-05_12:00:00 for domain        1:
24.27146 elapsed seconds.
Timing for processing lateral boundary for domain        1:    6.77521
elapsed seconds.
 WRF TILE   1 IS      1 IE     92 JS      1 JE     61
 WRF NUMBER OF TILES =   1

my fine scale  domain of numerical test is 731*731*37 (X*Y*Z),and grid size
is 2 km.

Since the volume of wrfout file is more than 2 G byte. I also midify the

 nio_tasks_per_group      and  nio_groups  ,but it still does not work

what is wrong with my numerical test?

How could I resolve this problem ?

thank  you

--