[Wrf-users] Problem with consistent frequency of WRFV3.4 output of restart files...

Ahmad Wan ardie_coal at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 02:11:24 MDT 2013

Hello,
My name is Wan Ardie,

I have a problem, and I would appreciate anyone helping me or hinting on possible explanation.

I im using WRF model (version 3.4), running a simulation of several years,restarting it every year. and I tried the following the namelist.input option:
    restart_interval = 105120 (produce restart every 73 days)
    restart_interval = 7200(produce every 5 days)

I did it in this frequency, so that my machine wont produce that many files, and I can restart consistently on the same date each year. In both cases, the WRF misbehaves, and produces one restart file out of sync (In case 1, it skips 37 instead of 73 days. In case 2, it skips 2 days of 5). As a result, the preceding restart files are out of sync.

I finally had to resort to producing restart files every year. Why is this happening?

Thanks.
Regards,

(Wan Ardie)