[Wrf-users] WRF-Chem Output in IDV

Kyle Wodzicki wodzicki at oswego.edu
Mon Apr 8 17:38:38 MDT 2013

To whom it may concern:

I have compiled a run the WRF-Chem model using volcanic input data from
prep-chem-sources. The model runs fine and the data can be displayed in
IDV, however, I am unsure of what volcanic ash bins are what. In the bottom
of the 3D parameters in IDV there are 10 different vash mixing ratios as
follows:

vash1 mixing ratio
vash2 mixing ratio
etc.

I just want to double check that these are in fact the 10 different
volcanic ash bins, with vash1 corresponding to the bin containing large
particles and vash10 containing the smallest.

There also seems to be some sort of instability in the model when viewing
vash 1 - vash 3 where the model does not seem to be dispersing the ash
following the wind fields in the model. I am wondering if anyone else has
had any problems with that as well.

Thank you for you time,

Kyle Wodzicki

--
Kyle Wodzicki
State University of New York at Oswego '13