[Wrf-users] Slow complie with intel compile

Dmitry N. Mikushin maemarcus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:10:10 MDT 2013

Hi 三口袋,

This is a usual situation on modern compilers, because complex
optimizations may be very slow to converge in certain circumstances. For
this reason, numerical models often use reduced levels of optimization for
certain source files. If this is the case, you can try to figure out which
files are slow to compile (most likely, there will be just a couple of
files) and change build rules to use reduced level of optimization for them.

Best,
- D.