[Wrf-users] WRF Post-processing.

Victor Savatia Indasi v.indasi at postgrad.curtin.edu.au
Tue Mar 26 02:29:07 MDT 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
Am Victor Savatia, a Kenyan student studying in Australia. My MPhil research is centered on how to use Lidar data and Modeling tools (WRF) for wind farm assessment.  I recently learnt how to run WRF model; however am yet to learn how to retrieve wind speed and direction values at a specific location and height above ground level from the WRF output.
I have both NCL and IDV  installed on my pc. However, am new to these languages and can't get the results I want.
The purpose of this mail is to kindly request you to enlighten me how to extract retrieve wind speed and direction values at a specific location and height above ground level from the WRF output file.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you very much.

Respectfully,
Victor Savatia