[Wrf-users] Inconsistency in my WRF output:

MORRIS KENOBI ISIMA kenimor at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 09:22:10 MST 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am having difficulties
understanding why the results obtained from the WRF time series output behaves strangely
as compared to what is obtained from the local weather forecast of temperature vs.
time. Both outputs have about same average daily temperature of 300K. However,
the WRF output seems to behave strangely.
For WRF the peak
temperature occurs within the hours of 6am – 9am. This does not follow the
diurnal temperature profile of the study area. However, the local weather forecast
for the same day captures this behavior perfectly. I have attached a ms doc and pdf of the graphs for both cases.
Simulation info:
I used global 6 hourly NCEP
FNL 10x10, and USGS as input data for the simulation. Running
from 2013-02-26_00:00:00 to 2013-02-27_00:00:00.
Could anyone advise me
on the possible mistakes and solutions to my simulation that have led to wrong
time series output

Isima