[Wrf-users] Obs_nudging : U and V are assumed to be the wind components rotated to the model map-projection

Elena Maria Pison San Pedro emp at dhi.com.sg
Mon Feb 18 01:04:56 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to run WRF with obs_nudging option, transforming my own
observation data into little_r format for input.
in this link (http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/wrfv3 ... _fdda.html
<http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/wrfv3.1/How_to_run_obs_fdda.html> ) I
found that

-  U and V are assumed to be the wind components rotated to the model
map-projection
-  SPD, DIR and Td fields are ignored.

my wind data is in Wspeed and Wdir form, so I can change this to u and v
but how can I rotate the wind components to Mercator projection?

Thanks a lot  in advance!

Elena

Elena Pison San Pedro

M.Sc. in Atmospheric Sciences

Meteorologist Researcher

RDI Department

DHI Water & Environment (S) Pte Ltd

1 Cleantech Loop

#03-05 CleanTech One

Singapore 637141

Tel:

+65 6777 6330

emp at dhi.com.sg <mailto:emp at dhi.com.sg>

www.dhigroup.com

The expert in WATER ENVIRONMENTS

This message contains information which may be confidential and
privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient
(or authorised to receive this message for the intended recipient), you
may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose
any information contained in it thereof. If you have received this
communication in error, please advise the sender
appropriately by reply e-mail, and then delete it. Thank you very much.