[Wrf-users] pressure at surface lower than at level 1

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Wed Dec 12 17:51:00 MST 2012

Are you sure you have calculated PTOT correctly?

PTOT = P + PB

where P is perturbation pressure and PB is base state pressure (on model levels).

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org