[Wrf-users] SST update versus SST used in initial conditions

Elena Maria Pison San Pedro emp at dhi.com.sg
Sun Nov 11 05:08:37 MST 2012

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your answer, however even if I don't include SST info via WPS
in the met_files, only using sst_update (daily SST from
polar.ncep.noaa.gov) I  can see that there is initial conditions created
containing this SST info(wrflow_input*). The results are also different
from using or not SST_udate (as explained in the ARW_Users's guide-
"Using sst_update option").

So my question is more on what is the difference in updating through
wrflow_input or using the SST info through metfiles?

A million of thanks!

Elena