[Wrf-users] SGI altix

yagnesh at lowtem.hokudai.ac.jp yagnesh at lowtem.hokudai.ac.jp
Wed Nov 7 10:08:17 MST 2012

Hello Jialun,

On 11月 08 2012, Jialun Li <jialunl at uci.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Are there any WRF users using SGI UV and/or SGI Altix ICE? Is there any
> method to fix the problems when compiling and running code on these
> systems using Intel and Intel-MPI for ICE, or Intel and SGI MPT for UV ?
> I appreciate.

I run wrf on SGI altix, after generating the "configure.wrf" script, execute
following one liners to fix the defaults.

- backup your configure.wrf first before running the commands.,

# SGI MPT instead of mpich2 ----------------------------
perl -i  -pe "s!^DM_FC.*!DM_FC           =       \\$\(SFC\) -lmpi !" configure.wrf
perl -i  -pe "s!^DM_CC.*!DM_CC           =       \\$\(SCC\) -lmpi -DMPI2_SUPPORT!" configure.wrf
perl -i -pe "s!(^FCFLAGS.*)!\$1 -DARCH_INTEL!" configure.wrf

PS: please start a new thread with proper subject line.

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు
YYR