[Wrf-users] Unrealistic temperature on WRF simulation output:

MORRIS KENOBI ISIMA kenimor at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 21:06:42 MDT 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am having problems with my WRF simulations output results. The surface temperature from the WRF outputs seem so high for the location of study. For instance, 69-75 F was the least temperature observed on settlement areas and about 84-90 F on water body.
I am a new user and I'm finding it difficult correcting this error. The attached files are the output results displayed using NCL script (plot_Surface.ncl), namelist.wps, namelist.input for your perusal.
I used Global FNL 6hourly and 1x1 degrees analysis as the input data.

Also, I would like to ask these following questions;
(1) what parameters on WPS and WRF control the output temperature and where can these parameters be edited to better reflect your location of study?
(2) where on WPS and WRF could one modify the landuse type and /or soil parameters to reflect your location/region of study?

I need  need assistance desperately.

Kenobi I Morris,
PhD Student
University of Nottingham