[Wrf-users] Where to change soil parameter and/or landuse type in WRF

Xingang Fan xingang.fan at wku.edu
Fri Sep 28 08:27:55 MDT 2012

Greetings:

Hope someone could help me with the following two questions:

1) I would like to do sensitivity study on vegetation types. Where in the
WRF model the vegetation types are read in? If I were to change all forest
points to grassland, how can I do it in the WRF model?  I know it can be
changed in WPS, but wanted to know if it can be done in WRF since I am
thinking for the next question too.

2) I would like to change soil parameters, say heat capacity at all forest
points. Please help me locate the place in WRF model that the soil
parameters are read in and do the change.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help,
Xingang Fan