[Wrf-users] geogrid and metgrid does not compile

Zhou, Ying ying.zhou at emory.edu
Mon Aug 20 08:30:01 MDT 2012

Hi WRF-users,

I am trying to compile WRF V3.4.1. The WRF part compiled without problem. However, when I tried to compile WPS, I only see ungrib.exe. Neither geogrid.exe nor metgrid.exe was generated. I have gfortran compiler on Linux x86_64 system. In the compile.log, I got a lot of messages on "undefined reference", such as  "libnetcdff.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_copy_string' " and "libnetcdff.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_internal_malloc64' ". I am not sure whether this means something is not right with my netcdf library, even though WRF compiled succefully.

wrfhelp suggested that I modify the last line in WRF_LIBS in configure.wps by adding -lnetcdff before -lnetcdf, so it looks like -L$(NETCDF)/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf  However, this did not solve the problem either.

Note that WPSV3.4.1 added an option for Linux x86_64 with gfortran compiler when I typed ./configure, which was what I selected. I also tried version 3.4, in which I modified the arch/configure.defaults file for my system. However, this did not solve my problem either.

If you have any suggestions on how to solve this problem, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Ying

prohibited.