[Wrf-users] Call for papers at AMS 2013 - Regional Climate Modeling - local scale climate variability and changes

Om tripathi tripathi at atmo.arizona.edu
Thu Jul 26 10:26:23 MDT 2012

Hi,

We are organizing a session on "Regional Climate Modeling to Improve
Climate Variability and Change Projections at the Local Scale  " for the
AMS 2013 Fall Meeting to be held in Austin, TX Jan 6-10, 2013. We invite
you to consider submitting an abstract for oral/poster presentation for
this session. We look forward to see you at Austin.

Francina Dominguez
Ruby Leung
Om Tripathi
Hsin-I Chang
Christopher Castro

Session Abstract

While climate variability and change are largely governed by global
phenomena adaptation to climate phenomena is primarily a regional and
local problem. Regional climate models (RCMs) play an important role in
downscaling global climate model information to the regional and local
scale - at which local stakeholders and decision makers operate.  In
this session, we solicit talks related to the development and
application of RCMs. We welcome talks focusing on diagnosis and
evaluation of RCMs with in situ and remote sensing observations,
improved physical parameterizations, and the relationship between
large-scale climate variability and change with local phenomena.
Application of RCMs to hydrological, ecological, agricultural and water
resources management problems, including the prediction of hydrologic
extremes, are also welcome.