[Wrf-users] Compiling on Mac OS X 10.7.4

Sean Crowell scrowell at ou.edu
Wed Jul 11 15:28:03 MDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to compile WRF 3.3.1 on a newest generation 8 core Mac
Pro.  When I run the configure script and choose the appropriate
options for my system, I get this message at the bottom of my output:

Testing for NetCDF, C and Fortran compiler

ar: nc.o: not found in archive
This installation NetCDF is
C compiler is 64-bit
Fortran compiler is 64-bit
It will build in

I'm not sure what nc.o is, but I'm definitely pointing to the correct
NETCDF lib and include files.  I've successfully compiled WRF 3.3.1 on
an older Mac Pro (10.6.8), as well as various Linux systems, but this
one is giving me trouble.  Any idea what's happening?

Sean