[Wrf-users] Unexpected "hot-spot" like differences with WRF runs using Intel compiler

Craig Mattocks mattocks at mac.com
Wed Jul 4 22:17:43 MDT 2012

Hi Ligia,

I wonder what would happen if you define two custom precision Fortran kinds:

!----------------------------------------
! Define a KIND with 6 digits of accuracy
! and exponent range of 10^-37 to 10^37
!----------------------------------------
integer, parameter :: sp = selected_real_kind(p=6, r=37)

! Define a KIND with 15 digits of accuracy
! and exponent range of 10^-307 to 10^307
integer, parameter :: dp = selected_real_kind(p=15, r=307)

and use them in your pendulum simulation.

Granted, you will still face issues with intrinsic functions and MPI implementations, but it might help improve consistency across platforms.

Best,
Craig