[Wrf-users] PROBLEM USING GFS REAL-TIME DATA SINCE MAY 22, 2012

Juan Jose Amides Figueroa Urbano juanfigueroa at marn.gob.sv
Tue May 29 21:39:03 MDT 2012

Hello everybody, the issue using real time GFS from NCEP for WRF V3.4 in
next cuote affects another version?? i have installed version 3.2.1 for
central america and dont know if this apply to me, thanks:
*
*

> *"Problem: NCEP has updated its real-time GFS GRIB2 files, beginning
> 2012-05-22_12:00:00. This is causing ungrib to extract incorrect data (at
> 80 m above surface) for surface fields. If your domain includes a pole or
> the Prime Meridian (0° longitude), program real may abort. If your domain
> lies elsewhere, the real program may not abort, but you will likely get
> incorrect surface fields (e.g. stronger surface winds).
> Solution: A file (rd_grib2.F) <http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/src/fix_wps/rd_grib2.F>needs
> to be replaced in the /WPS/ungrib/src directory. This new file contains a
> solution to the problem. Replace the old file with the new and recompile
> WPS (no need to reconfigure)."*

Juan José Amides Figueroa Urbano
Servicio Meteorológico Nacional
Ministerio de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales (MARN)
Tel: (503) 2132-9544

jn 3:16