[Wrf-users] Question regarding physical parameterization

wei huang whua27 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 08:03:16 MDT 2012

Dear WRF users,
My questions are given below regarding physical parametrization
schemes used in the WRF model. Kindly, your support regarding my
question will be highly appreciated.
thanks and regards,
=================================
The physical parameterization schemes used in the WRF-ARW model
simulations for domains 1,2, and 3 respectively, given below.

Horizontal resolution 30, 10, & 3 km respectively
Vertical level 	27
Cumulus convection  Kian-Fritch
Boundary layer 	Yonsei University
Surface layer 	Monin Obukhov
Microphysics 		Lin (Purdue)
Land surface 		Noah
Shortwave radiation dudhia
Longwave radiation  rapid radiative transfer

Q.1. From the list above is it possible we can use the same physics
package for the 3 model domains?
Q.2. Can we use convection parameterization at 3-km horizontal resolution?