[Wrf-users] mpich2 and/or openmpi?

Mahally Kudsy mkudsy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 10:52:02 MDT 2012

Using mpi is really amazing. I succesfully installed on a dual core
processor for RegCM4. Using openmpi it cuts running time to half.
Unfortunately, I have not successfully made installation for wrf.
On multiple nodes, you should have identical installation on each nodes.
including the mpi's (regardless which kind it is). You have to install sshd
and enabling automatic logins as well,so the master node can distribute the
computational job to the other nodes

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Martin Ivanov <
martin.ivanov at ifg.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Dear WRF users,
>
> I am about to install the WRF-3.4 model on my computer. According to the
> documentation
> mpich2 and/or openmpi can be installed to enhance functionality. As I am
> not a expert in the field of numerical computing,
> please apologise the probably stupid question I am going to ask.
> Should I install both mpich2 and openmpi on my system or just one of
> them? According to their descriptions, they implement the same
> functionality, but the examples in the WRF user's guide are with mpirun,
> i.e assuming mpich2. Can these two libraries actully coexist on a
> system, does this make sense? If they cannot, which one would you
> recommend? My system is Slackware64-13.37 kernel 2.6.38.4.
>

> Best regards,
>
> --
> Dr. Martin Ivanov
> Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen
> Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Fakultät
> Fachbereich Geowissenschaften
> Water&  Earth System Science (WESS)
> Keplerstraße 17, 72074 Tübingen, Deutschland
> Tel. +4970712975023

Dr.Mahally Kudsy
Weather Modification Technology Center
Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology
Jln MH Thamrin 8, Jakarta, Indonesia
Telp:62-21-3168830 Fax:62-21-3906225 mkudsy at gmail.com