[Wrf-users] optimizing wrf run

BasitAli Khan BasitAli.Khan at kaust.edu.sa
Thu Apr 5 04:09:11 MDT 2012

Dear All,

I am using WRFV3.3.1 on our BlueGene/P compiled wit XLF compilers and mpi openmpi implementation. I intend to run a large wrf simulation (1000x1000x41) and trying to optimize(in terms of simulation speed) the wrf run. I know that  nproc_x, nproc_y, tile_sz_x and tile_sz_y options can be used for this purpose but do not know how to do this. I also could not find sufficient details on configuring these options in wrf documentation.

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could advise me how to configure these options.

Thanks and best regards,
Basit