[Wrf-users] wrfout as input for new simulations

Saji Hameed saji at u-aizu.ac.jp
Thu Mar 15 20:35:53 MDT 2012

Maybe one way nesting using ndown may help you.
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide/users_guide_chap5.html#_e._One-way_Nested

I also heard that you can
treat WRF ARW as an input meteorological source with WPS. There is a VTable for
WRF ARW, aptly named as Vtable.ARW -- i have not tried this option.

I am also working on a ruby library to ease the WRF deployment
workflow. It is not yet ready, but keep an eye on it at
https://github.com/sajinh/lib_ruby_wrf

saji

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM, maria elisa <mariaelisasa at ua.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I need to use the outputs from a WRF simulation (Europe domain) as inputs
> for new simulations for another two domains (Iberian Peninsula and Portugal
> domain) using nesting approach. I only have the wrfout files and I don’t
> know how I can use them as input to run WPS. I want to perform this
> simulations for historic periods but also for future periods.
>

> Does anyone already done this kind of approach?
>

> Thank you in advance.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Elisa Sá
>
> PhD Student
>
> GEMAC - http://www.ua.pt/gemac
>
> University of Aveiro
> Department of Environment and Planning
>
> 3810-193 Aveiro, PORTUGAL
>
> Å +351 234 370200 (ext 22647)

Saji N Hameed,
ARC-ENV, Center for Advanced Information Science and Technology,
University of Aizu, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi,
Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima 965-8580,
Japan

Tel: +81242 37-2736
Fax:+81242 37-2760