[Wrf-users] Arpege into WRF

Mouhamad Al-Sayed-Ali Mouhamad.Al-Sayed-Ali at u-bourgogne.fr
Tue Mar 13 08:09:49 MDT 2012

Hello all,

  I am trying to use output ARPEGE (global model) as input into the
WRF model. The problem I have is that my Arpege output are in netcdf
files. So, I'm using cdo to convert them to grib, but it doesn't work !!

  When I use cdo, I do

  cdo -f grb copy  Input.nc  output.grb

  but the grib file output.grb doesn't work into WRF. In fact, I've
got errors met_em* file. Could you, please, help me solve this problem
? Does anyone know how we can use directly netcdf input, instead of
grib, as boundary conditions to the WRF model ?

Thanks for your help

Mouhamad Al sayed ali

Researcher at Climatology research center
Burgundy University
France