[Wrf-users] wrf restart run produces "cfl exceeded" statement

Ahmad Wan ardie_coal at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 22:00:34 MST 2012

Hello,
I'd appreciate if anyone can help explain the following. I ran a restart run of WRF with success, but some of the timesteps produce the statement

3 points exceeded cfl=2 in domain d02 at time whatever_time

the run itself has not crashed yet, but I am wondering is this simply a warning, or is this serious problem. I understand it has something to do with CFL criterions and numerical stability. I am asking this because i plan on doing climatological run (perhaps > 10 years), so if it happens next time, i should know what to do (or what NOT to do). For example, changing the time step.

thank you for your time,

regards

Wan Ahmad Ardie