[Wrf-users] Land surface model (NOAH) in idealized 2hill

Agnes Mika agnes.mika at bmtargoss.com
Tue Feb 14 01:06:31 MST 2012

Hallo Ehsan,

Ehsan wrote:
> >> I want to use NOAH scheme in idealized 2hill case. One of my fiend did it
> >> for WRF v2.2. I modified my friend's code for WRF v3.3. While there is no
> >> error in compilation and running ideal.exe, but after running wrf.exe this
> >> error appears and program stops running:
> >
> >> forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
>
>  Flerchinger USEd in NEW version. Iterations=          10
>  d01 2007-03-21_06:00:00           89 points exceeded cfl=2 in domain d01

The error message says that 1.) there is a violation of the CFL
criterium (the model becomes unstable) and 2.) the solution for the
Flerchinger equation in the NOAH scheme does not converge within 10
iteration steps. This usually happens when soil temperatures are below
0 deg C.

Reducing your timestep should help with both problems.

Good luck,
Agnes

--
Dr. Ágnes Mika
Advisor, Meteorology and Air Quality

Tel:    +31 (0)527-242299
Fax:    +31 (0)527-242016
Web:    www.bmtargoss.com

BMT ARGOSS
P.O. Box 61, 8325 ZH Vollenhove
Voorsterweg 28, 8316 PT Marknesse
The Netherlands

Unless otherwise agreed by BMT ARGOSS BV in writing, all work,
services, goods or products supplied by BMT ARGOSS BV shall be subject
to and governed by BMT ARGOSS BV 's own terms and conditions which are
available for inspection from BMT ARGOSS BV on request.

E-mail confidentiality notice and disclaimer:
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the
mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, you are not allowed to
read it, to take any action based upon it or to copy it, forward, distribute or
disclose the contents of it and you should please delete it from your system.
BMT ARGOSS BV does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
context of this e-mail or its attachments which arise as a result of internet
transmission, nor accept liability for statements which are those of the author
and clearly not made on behalf of BMT ARGOSS BV.