[Wrf-users] Obsproc Namelist "DIS" Value

Sean Crowell sean.crowell at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 18 09:06:58 MST 2012

I'm not sure if the values underneath &record7 in the namelist.obsproc
are important or not, but I was curious what I should be setting "DIS"
to.  I'm guessing that NESTIX is same as SOUTH-NORTH_GRID_DIMENSION in
the wrfinput header, and similarly NESTJX is WEST-EAST_GRID_DIMENSION,
but I can't decide if "DIS" is the value for "DX" or "DY" or some
other number.  I've looked through the documentation, but all it says
is "grid size", and the basic template namelists don't really
illuminate what the number is.