[Wrf-users] Adjusting vertical levels

Jason Padovani Ginies jpad0001 at um.edu.mt
Thu Jan 12 10:05:45 MST 2012

Dear all,

I am trying to arrange vertical levels within a simulation but the
simulation ends at start up. Below is the error message I get from any
rsl.error files. I am guessing that there is a mismatch between boundary
condition vertical levels and the levels I am trying to set up. Is this
something that settings can fix or do I have to look up boundary data with
higher vertical resolution? If so, can you please suggest high resolution
(vertical) boundary data sources?

rsl.error:

 DYNAMICS OPTION: Eulerian Mass Coordinate
    alloc_space_field: domain            1,     46618468 bytes allocated
 FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:      69
  program wrf: error opening wrfinput_d01 for reading ierr=       -1021
,num_metgrid_levels=         250
         250          65; input data ide,jde,num_metgrid_levels=         250
      250          27

Kind regards,

Jason