[Wrf-users] Error in displaying WRF gmeta files:

MORRIS KENOBI ISIMA kenimor at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 08:26:58 MST 2012

Hi Dear Sir/Madam,

I am new to NCARG Graphics and I am using it (NCAR Graphics Software Version 6.0.0-beta) as part requirement to run WRF software. However, I am having problems displaying a gmeta file. After typing the command "idt gmeta" on linux interface, I got the error message "Error: Can't open display: 10.68.0.112". I have also tried using the computer name (kenimor-HP-Compaq-8200-Elite-SFE-PC) during setting the environment in place of the my computer IP address yet I got same error.
I would really appreciate if any could assist me with a possible way out.

Thanks,

Kenobi Isima Morris

PhD Research Student
Faculty of Engineering
University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
Jalan Broga, 43500 Semenyih
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia

Tel:+6012-6837465
Email:kedx1kii at nottingham.edu.my